Thursday, December 3, 2009

Weird day...

The day started off SCARY!  I was having a great sleep (something I often struggle to do!)  I woke to my buzzer.  Scared the life out of me - wasn't sure what time it was, what day it was, even where I was!  I opened my eyes to see that it was 8:20am.  I need to be at work by 8:30 at the very latest!!!  I rushed to answer my buzzer (delivery from Canada Post), put a robe on, ran back to the door to meet my parcel, called work to say I just woke up and may be late...  all in under 30 seconds flat!  I got dressed, brushed my hair and teeth, made a lunch, scraped and sweeped the snow and ice off my car, drove to work, walked up the many stairs to the office to announce my presence - by 8:35!!!  Couldn't believe it myself!  15 minutes from sound asleep to work!  

The day was good until I went out for yard duty and fell.  Pulled something in my calf, pulled my upper thigh and twisted my ankle.  The student that I had walking with me for 'hands on' behaviour laughed his head off!  Totally embarrassed!!!  Went on with my day - a bit stiff right now but I'll be okay!

Was looking forward to dinner out with my mom - but the roads were terrible coming home.  Black ice everywhere - almost got into two accidents on the 2km drive home.  Almost ordered pizza for dinner - but thought hard about saving money and saving points - decided not to :)  Had spaghetti dinner at home by myself instead.  Much more points and wallet friendly!  

An okay day eating wise.  4 points for breakfast (steel cut oats with cinnamon and brown sugar), half a banana on my crazy lunch duty...  definitely not enough points to start my day.  Had a big plate of pasta with meat sauce for dinner and some Halloween treats for dessert.  About to enjoy a decaf Candy Cane Lane green tea before heading to bed.  

No comments: